Well I am currently 39 weeks pregnant so I decided to spend the day making chocolate dipped labour cookies with my little sister 🍪
Firstly we headed off to Asda to collect the ingredients (as im really not a baker).
It all came to a little over £7 including sausage and buns for a hot dog lunch. Not bad, but they better bloody work.
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Molasses/Black treacle
- 1/4 cup Egg Whites
- 1 dash Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper (I doubled, this is what supposedly causes labour!)
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices
- In another bowl cream the butter and sugar together
- Add the molasses/black treacle to the creamed butter then add the egg whites until fully smooth
- Slowly add the dry ingredients
- Make into little balls and place onto baking paper
- Bake for 10 minutes then cool
- Optional; dip in white chocolate!
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”2″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_imagebrowser” ajax_pagination=”1″ template=”default” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]
They are so tasty but definitely super hot! 🔥
Hopefully, these will bring on some twinges and surges.
A lot of women have been in successful labour after eating these cookies but we will see…